Since deer season cranked up last fall, Louisiana Sportsman writers have detailed the stories of 40 big bucks harvested across the Bayou State.
As expected, some real monsters fell over the past couple of months, including an amazing 200-class non-typical beast downed by Joshua Jennings in Caddo Parish and a true public-land hammer taken by Scottie Coutee on the Red River National Wildlife Refuge in Natchitoches Parish.
Of the deer profiled by the Sportsman, 31 cracked the 150-inch barrier, and of those bucks, 11 eclipsed the 170-inch mark.
We reviewed all of the big buck stories, and submit the following bucks for your consideration as the cream of this season’s crop — the true 2019-20 Deer of the Year.
- #1 Non-typical buck – 20-point buck downed after three botched chances
- #1 Public lands buck & Best Bow buck – Wife’s optimism results in awesome buck
- #1 Typical buck & #2 Public lands buck – Public-land hunt yields huge 10-pointer for Kinder hunter
- #3 Public lands buck – Bodcau WMA produces huge buck for Texas hunter
- #4 Public lands buck – ATVs push big buck to hunter
The best of the rest
- Sterlington hunter slams freak buck in dad’s backyard
- Football game? What game? Buck is correct choice for Ruston hunter
- Management strategy produces herculian results
- Four-year quest ends in success with monster buck
- Marks’ faith leads to wounded buck, enormous trophy
Click here for more deer of the year.