Deer season always takes a long time to get here, then it’s gone before you know it. But in 2021, it left behind some awesome deer that made memories for a lifetime for Louisiana hunters. Since deer season cranked up last fall, Louisiana Sportsman writers have detailed the stories of 44 big bucks harvested across the Bayou State.
Some have been monsters, like two 190 class bucks taken by Daniel Sharkey in Tangipahoa Parish and Chris Temple in Catahoula Parish.
Of the deer profiled by the Sportsman, 31 cracked the 150-inch barrier, and of those bucks, 8 eclipsed the 170-inch mark. There are a lot more youngsters getting in on the act, too, and that’s important for the future of the sport.
We reviewed all of the big buck stories and share a few of the best that rank at the top of the class as 2021-2022 Deer of the Year.
- No. 1 Non-typical buck – Five-year quest ends in Sharkey downing massive buck
- No. 1 Typical buck – Temple makes sure shot on “King of the Woods”
- No. 1 Public lands buck – Loggy Bayou Happy Place
- No. 2 Public lands buck – Tull downs trophy that neighbor grazed eight days earlier
- No. 3 Public lands buck – Fifteen-year-old wins big buck lottery with 13-point
- Best bow buck – Crossbow hunter nails monster backyard buck
The best of the rest…
- Williams resists urge to fish, bags big buck instead
- Like clockwork, six-pointer leads 13-point hammer to Dugas
- LaSalle Parish hunter takes down monster buck
- Big Webster buck gives hunter wake-up call
Be the first to comment