You’ll be jumping to get these tasty treats on your dinner plate
Kung Pao is a popular Chinese dish known for its bold flavors and spicy kick. Originating from the Sichuan Province, this dish combines tender chunks of frog legs (normally chicken) and a medley of vegetables in a savory sauce. The key ingredients include hot chili sauce, garlic, ginger and soy sauce, which infuse the dish with a distinctive taste.
Kung Pao is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed with steamed rice or noodles. Its popularity has spread globally, and it has become a favorite in many Chinese restaurants worldwide. Whether you’re a spice enthusiast or simply looking to explore new flavors, Kung Pao frog legs is a dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons hot chili sauce (this can be found in the Asian aisle of most grocery stores)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup bamboo shoots- slivered
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (wild oyster mushrooms would work well)
- ½ cup chives for garnish
- ¼ cup sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine and whisk the marinade ingredients and add the frog legs. Clean and cut your vegetables.
- In a wok, heat your oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry your frog legs in the vegetable oil for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Do not crowd your wok, fry in batches if necessary. Set the legs aside on a platter after frying.
- Remove most of the oil from your wok, you will want to retain roughly 3 tablespoons.
- Reduce heat on your stove to medium.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients for the sauce.
- Add garlic and ginger to your remaining vegetable oil and stir fry for 30 seconds being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms and bamboo shoots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add back your frog legs and then add your sauce.
- Cook until the sauce thickens, approximately 2 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chives.
- Serve over your preferred starch.