This is one of those recipes that once you make it, it becomes a regular part of your kitchen menu rotation. It is super easy and even an amateur can make this seem like a gourmet meal.
For this recipe, I blanched 2 pounds of sac-a-lait filets in heavily salted water. Then I used a fork to lightly break the filets into lumps. I added the lump fish meat at the very end and folded into the chowder. The real kicker to this recipe is the crab boil.
- 2 10 ½ ounce cans Cream of Potato Soup
- 2 10 ½ ounce cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 14 ¾ ounce cans Cream Style Corn
- 1 12 ounce can Evaporated Milk
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 capful of Zatarain’s liquid Crab Boil
- 2 pounds seafood of choice
- Seasoning of choice
- In a large pot, melt butter and sauté the chopped shallot over medium heat.
- Add all other ingredients with the exception of the seafood and seasoning.
- Reduce heat to a medium/low setting and cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Fold in your desired seafood and continue cooking until the seafood is completely cooked through. Seafood cooks quickly, it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes or so for this to be cooked.
- Season to taste.
* You can serve this in a bread bowl for a complete meal.