The 41st Annual Louisiana Sportsman Show and Festival, Louisiana’s largest outdoor and boat show, continues today and will run through Sunday, March 15, at the Lamar-Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales.
Tony Taylor, with the Louisiana Sportsman Show, said, “We’re looking for another great day today like we had on Thursday. Everything is on schedule. All of our vendors and all of our exhibitors are here and raring to go. We had beautiful weather yesterday and great attendance and are expecting beautiful weather all weekend.”
The show opens today at noon and runs through 7 p.m. Hours on Saturday will be 9 a.m.-7 p.m., and on Sunday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
The show, sponsored by Shell, features acres of boats, fishing and hunting equipment, ATVs, tractors and outdoor power equipment, plus activities for the entire family.
More than 300 vendors are at the show, offering acre after acre of fishing tackle and hunting gear.
The show really has three parts — the main show, a boat show and a power equipment show — held on the same grounds over the weekend. All three are included in a single admission fee of just $12 dollars per day.
The Louisiana Sportsman Show includes a variety of family oriented events:
- The Sportsman Zone, brought to you by Bowie Outfitters, which houses everything fishing and more. Bowie’s has bought truckloads of product just for this event, and huge discounts will be offered on many items.
- Louisiana Sportsman Boat Show, sponsored by Neighbor’s Federal Credit Union. will again provide one-stop shopping with special show pricing from all major brands of bass, bay and pontoon boats. Plus, loan officers will be on site for special financing offers.
- Louisiana Sportsman power equipment area will feature products by Kubota, John Deere, Toro, Stihl, Husqvarna, Mahindra and many other brands, ATVs, UTVs, golf carts and other forms of power equipment. Again, special show-only pricing will be offered.
- The Louisiana Sportsman Big Buck Contest, sponsored by Bowie Outfitters, will display of some of the largest bucks killed this season in Mississippi, Louisiana and across the country. Assorted trophies and prizes will be awarded to the winners in each category.
- Fetch & Fish, featuring a huge fish tank in which regular fishing seminars and retriever demonstrations will be conducted.
- Splash Dogs, where dogs can be entered in retriever competitions.
- The Ann Taylor Memorial Kids Fishing Competition, where Trinity Outdoors Disabled Adventures, LLC and other nonprofit groups will be putting on a Youth Fishing Rodeo.
- Fishing and hunting outfitters from across the world for the adventure vacation of a lifetime!
- A Kids Area, with free admission to the show for kids on Sunday.
- A full food court.
For more details and a schedule of events, visit LouisianaSportsmanShow.com.