The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has named the winners of its Scenic Rivers Photo Contest. The contest is part of the department’s celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Louisiana Natural and Scenic Rivers System. It is aimed at promoting the beauty of Louisiana’s designated natural and scenic rivers.
To view the winning photos and learn more about the Scenic Rivers Program, visit: www.wlf.louisiana.gov/page/myscenicriver.
The winners are listed below by category, as well as the photo title and the location of the winner.
- 1st – Tchefuncte River Ripples, Margaret Crosby of Mandeville
- 2nd – Sunrise on Blind River, Gregory LeBlanc of Lafayette
- 3rd – Abita River, Edward Estapa of Madisonville
- Honorable Mention – Whiskey Chitto Creek, Jason Saucier of Cottonport
- 1st – Tchefuncta Summers (Tchefuncte River), Karen Boudreaux of Mandeville
- 2nd – Bayou Bartholomew, Greg Harper of Monroe
- 3rd – Brown Pelican In Tree, (Bayou Des Allemands) Rick Erbach of Metairie
- Honorable Mention – In Blind River We Trust, Travis Moore of Baton Rouge
- 1st – Peace (Tchefuncte River), Olivia Currier of Covington
- 2nd – X Marks the Spot (Bayou Bartholomew), Lexi Harper of Monroe
- 3rd – Bayou Bartholomew, Lexi Harper of Monroe
- Honorable Mention – Floating Down Stream (Whiskey Chitto Creek), Jessica Phillips of Boyce
- Honorable Mention – Quite River (Bogue Falaya River), Juliette Andry of Covington
The Louisiana Legislature created the Louisiana Natural and Scenic Rivers System 50 years ago. LDWF administers the Scenic Rivers system, in which there are approximately 80 streams or stream segments thereof, constituting an estimated 3,100 miles of the state’s streams, rivers and bayous.
To celebrate the creation and evolution of the system, LDWF has partnered with the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Foundation, the Louisiana Wildlife Federation, The Nature Conservancy of Louisiana and the Pontchartrain Conservancy.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Louisiana Sportsman Magazine and LouisianaSportsman.com.