Southeastern also ranked in Sweet 16 listing
The Tiger Chapter at LSU was recently named the number one college chapter in Ducks Unlimited’s annual Sweet 16 listing for 2015.
The list, compiled from universities considered to be the best in both chapter strength and fundraising, is made up of schools who all raised at least $24,000 in the 2014 calendar year.
“I am extremely proud of our collegiate volunteers from across the country,” said Mark Horobetz, DU’s manager of youth and education programs. “Their passion for waterfowl conservation has again led to a record breaking year for the Ducks University program.”
This year’s Sweet 16 college chapters are:
1. Tiger Chapter, Louisiana State University
2. Aggieland Chapter, Texas A&M University
3. Lamar University, Texas
4. North Carolina State University
5. Gustavus Adolphus College, Minnesota
6. Colorado State University
7. Texas A&M University-Kingsville
8. Pirate Chapter, East Carolina University
9. Bulldogs Chapter, Starkville, Mississippi
10. University of Alabama
11. Ole Miss
12. University of Arkansas Razorback Chapter
13. Martin Mallards Chapter, Tennessee
14. University of Tennessee
15. Milwaukee School of Engineering
16. Southeastern Louisiana University
The Ducks University program began in 1977 at the University of Texas in Austin, Texas. Through the past 38 years, the number of active university chapters in the United States has increased to 90. In 2014, those 90 chapters were responsible for raising over $1,200,000, according to DU.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Louisiana Sportsman Magazine and LouisianaSportsman.com.