The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) will hold public hearings for the proposed 2020-21 and 2021-22 hunting seasons beginning Tuesday, Feb. 11, in Minden. Public comment will be taken on all items currently under consideration, including the Notice of Intent adopted at the January meeting of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission (LWFC).
Additional information will be provided on Harvest Information Program (HIP) registration changes and considerations under review for waterfowl zones and splits that would take effect in the 2021-22 hunting season.
The full list of meeting dates and locations include:
- Feb. 11 (Tuesday) at 6 p.m. at the LDWF Minden Field Office, 9961 Highway 80, Minden.
- Feb. 12 (Wednesday) at 6:30 p.m. at Ponchatoula High School, 19452 Highway 22, Ponchatoula.
- Feb. 13 (Thursday) at 6:30 p.m. at the West Monroe Civic Center, Ouachita Room, 901 Ridge Ave., West Monroe.
- Feb. 18 (Tuesday) at 6:30 p.m. at the Alexandria Forestry Center, 2500 Shreveport Highway, Pineville.
- Feb. 19 (Wednesday) at 6:30 p.m. at the Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum, 7910 Park Ave., Houma.
- Feb. 20 (Thursday) at 6:30 p.m. at the LDWF Lafayette Field Office, 200 Dulles Drive, Lafayette.
- Feb. 22 (Saturday) at 9 a.m. at the LSU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles.
To view the full notice of intent and all proposed hunting season dates and regulations changes for the upcoming hunting seasons, go to http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/action-items.
Public comment will be accepted through 9 p.m. on March 2. It will also be accepted at LWFC monthly meetings through March 2. Comments may be submitted directly to Tommy Tuma, LDWF Wildlife Division, P.O. Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA. 70898-9000 or 225-765-2349 or by e-mail at email@example.com.