NauticStar has enjoyed four years of success with their 210 Coastal and Angler, and the company responded to the requests for larger versions by adding the 231 Coastal and Angler to their 2015 model lineup.
Like its smaller siblings, the 231 series merges family style pleasure boating with serious saltwater and freshwater fishing.
The 231 hull design features the exclusive NauticStar STAR Performance System that combines shallow-water draft for ease in shallow water fishing and when beaching, aft deadrise for towing skiers and toys, quick acceleration assisted by the planning pods and air-assist chine, and ride comfort from the sharp-entry V hull forward — all of which adds up a boat that does many things well.
The bow of the 231 Coastal has a lot going on. There are snap-in cushions that quickly remove to provide access to the coolers, fish boxes and anchor locker below. The optional bow table stows in a lowered position and extends the bow casting deck.
A bow casting chair is also an option. The bow casting platform comes wired to accept the optional Minn Kota electric trolling motor of your choice.
The aft deck serves multiple purposes, as well. In fishing terms, it is a casting/fishing deck, but it quickly and effortlessly converts to three-across seating by flipping up the three jump seats.
Battery storage is under the starboard jump seat, cast net storage is under the port jump seat and a 27-gallon aerated release well is under the center jump seat. Clean up on these and all the cushions is easy, too, as they are covered with Syntec vinyl with Nano-Block Stain Protection.
Fishermen will find the 231 Coastal to be a serious fishing machine that occasionally doubles as the family recreation boat, while family members will see it as a fun boat Dad can also use to go fishing.
Fishermen will appreciate the two aerated live wells, two insulated fish boxes and lots of storage. Recreational users will like the seating for 10, two onboard coolers and optional bow table. Everyoneh will appreciate the roomy center console that includes a compartment for a head.
The NAUTICSTAR 231 is a boat is versatile that offers comfort and performance.
• Length: 22 feet, 9 inches
• Beam: 102 inches
• Maximum power with SeaStar steering: 200 horsepower
• Transom height: 25 inches
• Draft: 14 inches (approximate)
• Weight: 2,650 pounds (approximate)
• Fuel capacity: 79 Gallons
• Persons/Weight: 10/1,350 pounds
• Maximum weight capacity: 1,854 pounds
• In-console livewell/baitwell: 20 gallons
• Rear livewell: 27 gallons
• Sea Star hydraulic steering with tilt
• Leaning post and three rear jump seats
• LED navigation lights
• Stainless steel rails, pull-up cleats and hardware
• Water-tight Deutsche electrical connectors on all pumps and lights
• Wood-free construction
• One-piece foam-filled fiberglass stringer system
• Limited lifetime hull warranty