It’s that time of the year again. The 27th annual CCA Louisiana STAR (Statewide Tournament and Anglers Rodeo) will begin on Saturday, May 29. The tournament will span the summer, ending on Labor Day, Sept. 6.
STAR is Louisiana’s largest saltwater fishing tournament, boasting over 13,000 participants who compete for more than $500,000 in prizes.
The tournament has a little something for every Louisiana saltwater angler.
Its signature division is the Tagged Redfish Division. CCA releases 100 tagged redfish each year, if you are in the tournament and catch one of the first 10, you win.
STAR also has many inshore and offshore divisions with great prizes up for grabs. Whether you are male or female, young or old, fish inshore or offshore, STAR has a division for you.
New for 2021: Early Bird Prize
New to the STAR Tournament this year is an incredible early bird contest. Participants who enter before May 1 are eligible for a special drawing. The winner of the drawing will receive a 195 XTS NauticStar boat equipped with a 155 horsepower Mercury, 4-stroke outboard.
“All you have to do is be entered by May 1, and you can win that boat without ever wetting a line,” said Tournament Director, Rad Trascher.
Only members of the Coastal Conservation Association or its youth organization, the New Tide, can participate in Louisiana STAR. If you are not already a member, the standard membership is only $35.
In addition to active membership, participants must pay a registration fee of $35 to compete in the 2021 tournament. Go to ccastar.com to become a member of CCA or register for STAR 2021.
Divisions and prizes
- First tagged redfish caught wins: Chevy Silverado
- 2nd tagged redfish caught wins: 33.9’ Keystone Passport RV
- 3rd tagged redfish caught win: 195XTS NauticStar with 115hp Mercury four-stroke wrapped by Michelob Ultra
- 4th-5th tagged redfish caught win: 195XTS NauticStar with 115hp Mercury four-stroke
- 6th-10th tagged redfish caught win: 1754 GatorTail Extreme Series with 40hp EFI motor
Sponsored by: Super Chevy Dealers of Baton Rouge, Acadiana and New Orleans and Bent RV
Speckled Trout (Three winners in each division)
- Heaviest overall speckled trout wins: 2140 Sport NauticStar with 150 hp Mercury four-stroke
- Next three heaviest fish, one per division, win: 195XTS NauticStar with 115 hp Mercury four-stroke
- Each division second place wins: $5,000 tackle package
- Each division third place wins: $2,500 tackle package
Sponsored by: NauticStar Boats
- Heaviest mangrove snapper wins: $5,000 Offshore Tackle Package
Sponsored by: Otto Candies, LLC
- Heaviest cobia wins: $5,000 Offshore Tackle Package
Sponsored by: K2 Coolers
- Heaviest dorado wins: $5,000 Offshore Tackle Package
Sponsored by: Hancock Whitney Bank
- Heaviest red snapper wins: $5,000 Offshore Tackle Package
Sponsored by: Hancock Whitney Bank
- Heaviest speckled trout in Eastern Region wins: $1,500 Academy Sports + Outdoors Gift Card
- Heaviest speckled trout in Western Region wins: $1,500 Academy Sports + Outdoors Gift Card
Sponsored by: Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Heaviest flounder wins: 16’ Weldbilt with 40 hp Mercury four-stroke
- Heaviest Speckled Trout in each division wins: Hobie Mirage Compass
Sponsored by: Hobie Fishing
- Heaviest speckled trout in Eastern Region wins: $2,500 Travel Voucher
- Heaviest speckled trout in Western Region wins: $2,500 Travel Voucher
Sponsored by: Atchafalaya Crawfish Processing
- Heaviest speckled trout wins: 16’ Weldbilt with 40 hp Mercury four-stroke
Sponsored by: Flambeau Outdoors
Speckled trout or Flounder (Entries to be included in a random drawing to win)
- One of four (4) 14’ aluminum boats with a 15 hp Mercury and McClain Trailers
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Louisiana Sportsman Magazine and LouisianaSportsman.com.