Please Sign In

New To Sportsman Network?

Hot Busy Week of Fishing

Site Sponsor
It was day two with the Mississippi crew and winds were up again. We stayed inshore and red fished once again. Another slow bite, we stayed put and picked away at 6 reds. Three over the slot and three under. They are still not stacked up, but we are expecting them to bust loose any day now. Thanks Capt T miller for putting the trip together.

Inolect crew came into the lodge and Chef Shawn P did his thing, good times. We woke up the following morning and were greeted with calm winds and seas. Shrimp were popping and the trout were in hot pursuit. Double rigged Matrix Shad went to work and they couldn't resist them. It was fish on. Great time busting the Specks with these guys as usual. Thanks Capt T Milller for running the second boat.

David Thibodaux was back onboard with Jake Gray and Mark Portier. Another calm morning with shrimp and trout jumping out the water. The action was fast and furious on double rigged Matrix Shad. Good as it gets as the Specks were flying over the gunnels from every direction around the boat.

David Thibodaux was back for day two with his son and father in law. Winds were up and so were the seas which meant no shrimp and no fish. We made about four - five stops with no fish. Our next stop we started picking away at some decent trout. Once this bite ended we made two more stops finding a few more fish. With it being 12pm and suffocating hot we called it a day. Thanks Capt K Labat for running the second boat for me.

New customer Joel Simone and family joined me. We had a calm morning with lots of bait around us. Plenty trash fish to deal with amongst the trout, but lots of action. Spanish Mackeral were everywhere jumping out the water. We weeded through the trash and put a good mess of trout together before the bite shut down. Our next move found a slow bite, but all quality fish in the 17-21 inch range. Double rigged Matrix Shad accounted for our fish as usual. Great time with this family and look forward to their return.

Capt Marty LaCoste