Acadiana's Pack and Paddle has been supporting that passion for the outdoors in the last 30 years, and now the staff at Pack and Paddle are eager to rekindle that passion with their Facebook community by giving away a three-day, two-night adventure package in South Louisiana's Cajun country.
Facebook fans are asked to upload their favorite photos of their own "Louisiana Outdoor Adventure" experience on Pack and Paddle's Facebook Page.
Pack and Paddle owner John Williams designed the trip to be everything Louisiana stands for: scenic outdoor activities, great food, and awe-inspiring nature.
"For years, Louisiana has been a major tourism spot for outdoor enthusiasts," Williams said. "We want to honor and explore that.
"Our contest is tailored around others' experiences, whether it's visitors or locals. You never know what we might hear or see. In turn, we'll provide someone with a new adventure that they will hopefully pass on and share with others."
Contestants' photos will then be voted on by fans, and the photo with most votes by Sept. 30 wins the prize, which includes:
The trip will include:
• Accommodations for two for two nights at Bonne Terre Cottage in Breaux Bridge
• An evening paddle into Lake Martin's Wading Bird Rookery
• A full-day paddle trip to view the virgin cypress in the Atchafalaya Basin
• A half-day of guided kayak fishing in Louisiana's saltwater mMarsh guided by Pack and Paddle
• Kayaks, gear and bait provided for all activities
• Vouchers to four to Lafayette-area restaurants, including Prejean's and Fly's Coffee House
• Discount on car rentals, if needed
NOTE: The winner is responsible for all travel costs (flight, car rental and gas) to Lafayette, Bonne Terre Cottage and dining. Winner also is responsible for additional dining and gratuity.