I am a Louisiana-licensed attorney, with part of my practice devoted to helping clients establish NFA Gun Trusts. I found a couple of old threads with questions about suppressors and gun trusts. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I will try to answer them for you. In the meantime, here's some basic information:rnrnWhen purchasing NFA (Class III) items such as suppressors, short-barreled rifles, and machine guns, there are often major legal benefits to creating an NFA Gun Trust, including:rnrn1) No necessity of submitting fingerprints to the ATF;rnrn2) No necessity of submitting a passport photo to the ATF;rnrn3) No necessity of obtaining a signature of approval from your local chief law enforcement officer;rnrn4) Ability to file through the ATFs online eForms system (Faster turnaround time);rnrn5) Ability to name a pool of possessors (trustees) who may have access to the items;rnrn6) Ability to name beneficiaries, who may receive the items upon your death without burdening them with the necessity and expense of reapplying for the item through the ATF; rnrn7) Confidentiality: No necessity of filing or recording the trust with the state or clerk or court;rnrn8) No ongoing maintenance fees.rnrnPlease feel free to contact me with any questions.rnrnwww.LaGunTrusts.comrnrnJoseph R. CataldiernrnAttorney at Law
I'm going to be running a little bit different set-up this year.rnrnTikka CTR in .308. 20' barrel.rnrnNightforce NXS 2.5-10×42 with AAC SDN-6 suppressor.rnrnJoey Cataldiernrnwww.LaGunTrusts.com
10 Reasons you why should be hunting with a suppressor:rnrnhttp://www.laguntrusts.com/blog/10-reasons-why-you-should-be-hunting-with-a-suppressor
2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner, Double cab
SR5, TRD Off-Road package
2WD, V6 3.4L, Automatic transmission, 4 wheel ABS
Single owner, non-smoker, 270,000 miles
- Leather interior- in very good shape, no tears or rips
- No mechanical issues- engine runs like a top.
- AC/Heat work great.
- Electric locks and windows, Cruise control.
- Bed liner, Nerf bars, Factory towing package, Sliding rear window
- Regularly maintained, timing belt, water pump, etc. replaced a couple years ago.
- Some scratches and dings- nothing major
- Never been offroad
- Speedometer doesn't work properly: I've never bothered to have it fixed, as I've always had a GPS with a speedometer.
- Check engine light is on: Code says it's an O2 sensor ($33 part)
Clean title, in hand.
Contact Joey for info: 225- two fiv two - 3375
NFA GUN TRUSTS: Tailored to your needs by a local, Louisiana-licensed attorney.
When purchasing NFA/Title II items, such as suppressors, machine guns, and short-barreled rifles or shotguns, there are often major legal benefits to creating an NFA Gun Trust.
- Ability to name a pool of possessors (trustees) who may have access to the items;
- Ability to name those whom you wish to receive the items upon your death, without burdening them with the necessity and expense of reapplying for the item through the ATF;
- No necessity of obtaining a signature of approval from your local chief law enforcement officer;
- Confidentiality: No necessity of filing or recording the trust with the state or clerk or court;
- No ongoing maintenance fees.
Contact our office to discuss whether an NFA Gun Trust is right for you.
Flat Fee: $300 for drafting of trust document.
Joseph R. Cataldie
Attorney at Law - Baton Rouge, LA