Please Sign In

New To Sportsman Network?

legal requirements

what type of federal reef permit/and or any other permit required by LAW for a charter boat for offshore??? where can i purchase???? i googled some, found different types dont know want to purchases to charter in the gulf of louisiana.
If you are going to harvest Reef Fish from the federal level you have to have the reef fish permit. Palegics, the same thing a palegic permit. These are under moratorium. You have to search high and low for someone that has them and wants to sell them. If you are going to fish HMS, you have to have one of those permits, $25.00 online.

From the state you will have to have your state guide license, Coast Guard license, your offshore permit (free, you will also have to have a minimum of $300K in commercial liability insurance.

Are you CG licensed already?