November 07, 2011 at 11:11pm
I want as many people as possible to know about this accident to my 7 year old chap this past weekend. First of all I'm not bashing any product, I just don't want anymore injuries until there's more info. The rifle was a 22 cricket. Ammo was Remington. Bottom line the gun/ammo misfired which it vents out the left side of the gun on the barrel and it caught his thumb resulting in a very tragic accident. He's having surgery Wed. to remove the shrapnel from the bone.I own two of these guns and love them. I taught my boys how to shoot with these and they went on to be a very good shot. I can email anyone the pics or give more details. Please pass this on because its camp time and alot of young kids have these guns with tons of the cheap ammo to burn up. Please see the rest of the pics further down on another post.