CCA STAR kicks off this month
More than $500,000 in prizes up for grabs
The CCA Star includes more than $500,000 in prizes. Competition begins May 24 and continues through Labor Day.
The 2014 Coastal Conservation Association STAR tournament begins on Memorial Day weekend, with more than more than $500,000 in prizes. Competition continues through Labor Day.
You must be a member of CCA to participate, and the cost to enter the tournament is $25.†
The first CCA-tagged tagged redfish caught wins the angler a Chevy Silverado. The next nine tagged reds caught win each angler a NauticStar rigged out with a 150-horsepower Mercury.
Divisions and the associated prizes are:
• Speckled trout (four divisions) — the heaviest fish overall wins a 2110 NauticStar boat rigged with a 150-horse Mercury. The next three heaviest fish (one per division) win 1810 NauticStar boats with 90-horsepower outboards.
• Mangrove snapper —heaviest fish wins a $5,000 offshore tackle package.
• Cobia — heaviest fish wins a $5,000 outdoor tackle package.
• Dorado — heaviest fish wins a $5,000 offshore tackle package.
• Red snapper (open only during the federal season) — heaviest fish wins a $5,000 offshore tackle package.
• Fly fishing (east and west regions) — the heaviest trout in each division wins $1,500 Academy gift card.
• Kayak (four divisions)— heaviest trout in each division wins a Hobie Outback.
• Calcasieu Calcutta — heaviest speckled trout caught, weighed at official weigh station and released alive wins a $500 Academy gift card.
• Sheepshead (east and west regions) — heaviest fish in each division wins a $1,500 Academy gift card
• Flounder — heaviest fish wins a 16-foot Weldbilt boat with a 40-horsepower outboard.
• Ladies only — heaviest speckled trout wins a $2,500 travel voucher.
Youth (17 years old and younger) — speckled trout and flounder, with all entrants included in random drawing to win a 14-foot Cajun Outboard boat with a 15-horse Mercury.
Click here for full details and registration information.
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
Louisiana Sportsman is the complete hunting and fishing magazine for Louisiana.
Devoted to hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities in the wetlands,
Louisiana Sportsman is the information guide for Louisiana's most active hunters and fishermen.
Tweets by @LAhuntnfish