West Monroe high-schooler wins Yamaha ATV in Louisiana Sportsman Big Buck Contest
Youngster also won the contest’s youth division.
The winners of the 2013 Louisiana Sportsman Big Buck Contest received special plaques, and youth division winner Kendall Haygood nabbed a Yamaha Grizzly 350 ATV given away in a random drawing.
Here’s where she stands for the year:
1) She killed a massive buck while hunting in Catahoula Parish in January. It scored over 200 inches on the Buckmaster scoring system. Click here to read the story.
2) She entered that deer in the 2013 Louisiana Sportsman Big Buck Contest, where it officially scored 181 ⅝ inches Boone & Crockett and won the youth category.
3) She topped it all off when her name was pulled during a random drawing for a Yamaha Grizzly 350 ATV during the final hours of the Louisiana Sportsman Show.
Haygood's jaw dropped when she heard her name called out — but really, it just all makes sense.
While she was trying to grasp the enormity of her latest win, her father laughed about the drive from Monroe and the weekend stay in Gonzales — not only did her parents make the trip, but grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins were on hand, too.
“I guess it was worth the trip,” Blane Haygood said.
Category winners, the scores and parish in which the kills were made were:
Louisiana Bow Division
1. Brent Roy of Jackson — 146 ⅛ inches, typical (East Baton Rouge)
2. Heather White of St. Amant — 145 ⅜ inches, typical (West Feliciana)
3. Marcus Trosclair of Thibodaux — 122 ⅛ inches, typical (Madison)
Louisiana Gun Division
1. Cody Bergeron of Gonzales — 160 ⅝ inches, typical (Tensas)
2. Josh Gandy of Gonzales —154 ⅜ inches, typical (Webster)
3. James Landry of Batchelor — 152 ⅝ inches, typical (Pointe Coupee)
1. Travis Lucas of Hessmer — 175 6/8 inches, typical (Avoyelles)
2. Greg Ikerd of Mansura — 144 ⅜ inches, typical (Webster)
3. Blake Marcello of Thibodaux — 140 ⅞ inches, typical (Kansas)
1. Kendall Haygood of West Monroe — 181 ⅝ inches, non-typical (Catahoula)
2. Dylan Quebodeaux of Lake Charles — 136 ⅞ inche, typical (Allen)
3. Raymond Liotta of St. Amant — 133 ⅛ inches, typical (Mississippi)
Out of State-Bow
1. Bobby Wolfe of Ponchatoula — 165 ⅞ inches, typical (Illinois)
2. Charles Buhler of Clinton — 151 ⅛ inches, typical (Missouri)
3. Raymond Liotta of St. Amant — 145 inches typical (Kansas
Out of State-Gun
1. Felix Arceneaux III of Springfield — 168 inches, typical (Kansas)
2. Neil Legendre of Destrehan — 152 2/8 inches, typical (Texas)
3. Wayne Cannon of Gonzales — 152 ⅛ inches, typical (Michigan)
Mississippi Bow Division
1. Joshua Saucier of Saucier, Miss. — 167 6/8 inches, typical (Yazoo County)
2. Jay Folse of Paulina — 131 ⅜ inches, typical (Adams County)
3. Daniel Dorner of Belle Chasse — 105 4/8 inches, typical (Claiborne County)
Mississippi Gun Division
1. Joshua Bruce of Alexandria — 226 inches, non-typical (Adams County)
2. Marion Harris of Denham Springs — 140 ⅜ inches, typical* (Jefferson County)
3. Mike Palamone of Luling — 164 ⅞ inches, non-typical* (Simpson County)
*Winner determined by closest score to 160 and 185 respectively
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
Louisiana Sportsman is the complete hunting and fishing magazine for Louisiana.
Devoted to hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities in the wetlands,
Louisiana Sportsman is the information guide for Louisiana's most active hunters and fishermen.
Posted on February 26 at 10:37 am by
Posted on January 09 at 3:28 pm by From News Reports
Posted on December 06, 2012 at 3:00 pm by From News Reports
Posted on December 04, 2012 at 5:00 pm by From News Reports
Posted on November 30, 2012 at 7:00 am by From News Reports
|Reports / Forum|
Calendar of events