Proposed 2013-14 hunting season dates released
Porposal includes more either-sex hunting, new deer-hunting zones, LDWF says.
Louisiana deer hunters face are return to specified either-sex days during the 2013-14 hunting season. The dates have been released by the LDWF for public comment.
Click here for the chart listing specific calendar dates proposed for each species and deer-hunting zone.
The LDWF proposal was released earlier this month, but only included proposed structures without specific calendar dates detailed.
As previously published, the proposal includes a return to so-called "doe days" for much of the state.
Click here to read the earlier report that details the major changes being proposed for deer hunting and reasons for this move by state managers.
Public hearings on the matter will be held:
• March 19 — 6 p.m., LDWF Office, Minden
• March 19 — 6 p.m., St. Tammany Parish Council Chambers, Mandeville
• March 20 — 6 p.m., LDWF Office, Monroe
• March 20 — 6 p.m., Chalmette Elementary School Resource Center, Chalmette
• March 21 — 6 p.m., USGS National Wetlands Research Center, Lafayette
• March 26 — 6:340 p.m., LSU Ag Center (next to Burton Coliseum), Lake Charles
• March 27 — 6 p.m., Houma Municipal Auditorium, Houma
• March 28 — 6 p.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, Baton Rouge
Public comment will be accepted through May 2: E-mail Steve Smith at email@example.com or mail comments to Smith at Wildlife Division, Department of Wildlife & Fisheries, Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000.
The seasons will be ratified during the Commissions July meeting
Subscribe Today and Save!!!
Louisiana Sportsman is the complete hunting and fishing magazine for Louisiana.
Devoted to hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities in the wetlands,
Louisiana Sportsman is the information guide for Louisiana's most active hunters and fishermen.