This Hobie-designed system integrates a Torqeedo electric motor with two easy-to-use mounts, one that slips into Hobie's MirageDrive pedal well and one that fits onto any Hobie Twist and Stow rudder.
The Hobie eVolve rudder-mounted motor can be used by itself or it can be combined with the MirageDrive pedal system for extra propulsion and added range. Either way, the result for is a quiet, efficient and emissions-free motor to navigate current-ripped bays or for a quick run across the lake to a favorite fishing spot.
It is an environmentally-friendly alternative to noisy, fuel-burning and loud engines.
A remote throttle display attaches to the side hull near the seat of the kayak or onto the side rail of the Pro Angler. It controls the throttle and displays charge status, distance remaining, speed over ground and power consumption in watts.
Thrust is 30 pounds, and top speed is 5 to 6 miles per hour. The throttle pad is also equipped with a magnetic key pad for safety shut-off and to prevent theft.
A 230-watt Lithium Manganese Battery/Computer is the heart that pumps the power to the motor. At only 6.6 pounds, it has a built-in GPS for speed calculations, is completely watertight and will even float. At full charge, the battery will perform for up to eight hours at 2-mph cruising speed. When all components are connected, they are IP68 watertight. (international standard for marine electronics)
• Ready-to-go Hobie eVolve with Torqeedo motor for mounting in the MirageDrive well
• Second Hobie eVolve assembly to adapt the Torqeedo motor to fit the Hobie Twist and Stow rudder
• Sealed and waterproofed Lithium Manganese performance Battery/Computer with charger
• Remote throttle with LCD display showing range/speed data generated using onboard GPS
• Safety shut-off key
• Waterproof components and cable connectors
• Corrosion-resistant materials and motor design
• Cables for motor and throttle
• All mounting hardware