10 Reasons you why should be hunting with a suppressor:
I'm going to be running a little bit different set-up this year.
Tikka CTR in .308. 20' barrel.
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10×42 with AAC SDN-6 suppressor.
I am a Louisiana-licensed attorney, with part of my practice devoted to helping clients establish NFA Gun Trusts. I found a couple of old threads with questions about suppressors and gun trusts. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, and I will try to answer them for you. In the meantime, here's some basic information:
When purchasing NFA (Class III) items such as suppressors, short-barreled rifles, and machine guns, there are often major legal benefits to creating an NFA Gun Trust, including:
1) No necessity of submitting fingerprints to the ATF;
2) No necessity of submitting a passport photo to the ATF;
3) No necessity of obtaining a signature of approval from your local chief law enforcement officer;
4) Ability to file through the ATFs online eForms system (Faster turnaround time);
5) Ability to name a pool of possessors (trustees) who may have access to the items;
6) Ability to name beneficiaries, who may receive the items upon your death without burdening them with the necessity and expense of reapplying for the item through the ATF;
7) Confidentiality: No necessity of filing or recording the trust with the state or clerk or court;
8) No ongoing maintenance fees.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Joseph R. Cataldie
Attorney at Law