2) Use big enough reels.
3) Use strong enough lines. There is no such thing as overkill.
4) Use fresh, self-caught bait when possible.
5) Concentrate your fishing in 150 to 200 feet of water. In the right depths all rigs will hold fish.
6) Fish most of the time on the bottom.
7) You have to stick with your fishing. Drinking beer and cutting up won't work.
8) Use big bait, sometimes 1-pound slabs.
9) Use 10/0 to 12/0 hooks. It is hard to get enough bait on little hooks.
10) I believe in moon phases. Fishing on a growing moon is always better. On a full moon, red snappers feed from 1 a.m. to noon.
11) Multiple-hook rigs are not the best rigs for big snappers.
12) Don't move too much. Stay with a rig. You can fish for five hours and not catch a fish, and then they start biting.