Time to consider new rods to go with. Up until now, I always used the Castaway Rods from Academy and other local places. All of a sudden, everyone is dropping their line. So I needs advise on a new go-to rod. I'm open to suggestions.
1. I do inshore fishing almost exclusively (trout, reds flounder)
2. I like 6' for reds (accurate) and 6.5' for trout (distance)
3. Good warranty and local.... Read More
Left out of BSM at 6:30 Saturday morning with Rouse's market shrimp with redfish in our sights.
Headed out to Stump Lagoon and only found 2 other boats fishing lee shorelines. Within 30 minutes we had another 15 boats in the lagoon. Fished stump and a few cuts coming off of it till about 12:30.
2-man limit on reds. Most between 18-24 inches with 1 bull.
LOTS of rat reds and.... Read More
Planning to hit the bridges, Rigolets, lake borne area on Saturday - weather permitting. I've never gone out after a major weather event before. Other than watching for debris in the water
1. Any place specific I should go? Other than the usuals?
2. Is that enough time for the water to clear up?
3. Will the surge have dropped enough to even launch my boat? (Rigolets)