Please Sign In

New To Sportsman Network?

Crab Laws

We recently pulled our 12' trawl for some nice bait shrimp.We also had a beautiful "bycatch" of blue crab. Can anyone tell me the laws on keeping these crab. We did throw them back. Do we need a crab license to keep 'em? I couldn't really find anything on th LDWF site. Thanks,Spechaser
Crabs From Trawling
I know that you must immediately return "berry crabs" to the water. Those would be the egg carrying females that are easily identifiable.

I will check further with LDWF Enforcement and let you know via a post on this site.

Susan Gros