The last five times they’ve played on the football field, LSU has defeated Texas A&M — but this year, the Aggies nipped the Tigers in fundraising efforts for Ducks Unlimited.
The Aggieland Chapter was No. 1 in the land in DU’s recently-released Sweet 16 Ducks University Chapters for 2015, with the Tiger Chapter from Baton Rouge in second place. Last year, LSU claimed the top spot.
The Sweet 16 represents DU’s top fundraising universities, with each having to raise more than $25,000 to qualify.
"Ducks Unlimited’s university chapter program continues to provide leadership and philanthropic opportunities for college students across the country. This year’s Sweet 16 qualifying chapters have raised the level of competition with their fundraising efforts,” said Mark Horobetz, DU’s Manager of Youth & Education Programs. “I am extremely proud of not only the Sweet 16 chapter volunteers, but all the students who support DU through the Ducks University program.”
The 2015 Sweet 16 Qualifying Chapters are:
1. Aggieland Chapter, College Station, Texas
2. LSU Tiger Chapter, Baton Rouge
3. Colorado State University
4. North Carolina State University
5. Pirate Chapter of ECU
6. Ole Miss
7. University of Georgia
8. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
9. Milwaukee School of Engineering
10. University of South Carolina
11. Bulldog Chapter, Starkville, Mississippi
12. Bemidji State University
13. Gustavus Adolphus College
14. Missouri State University
15. Georgia Southern University
16. Lamar University