The One Man Can Make a Difference shoot will be be held at Riverside Sporting Clays at 52400 Highway 16 in Denham Springs, and honors prostate cancer victim Connie Mack Boykin.
Randy Hays, who is helping organize the event and has known Boykin since the second grade, said the event is intended to advance the knowledge about prostate cancer and help convince men of the need to have regular checkups.
"(Boykin) and his family want to make a difference so that our fathers, uncles, brothers and sons will never again have to wage the same war he has," Hays said.
As many as 60 teams of shooters are expected to participate in the shoot, which is expected to attract up to 500 people, he said.
"Some groups have committed to be there from all three surrounding states," Hays said. "It's going to be a lot of fun.
Sponsorships are available at various levels:
• Eagle Sponsor ($10,000 in donations) – includes four-man team for the shoot, shirts, shells for shooters, link on the One Man Can Make a Difference Web site, ads on the day of the shoot).
• Sky Blue Team Sponsor ($5,000 in donations) – includes four-man team, shirts, shells for shooters, link on the Web site and ads on the day of the shoot.
• Team Sponsor ($1,200 in donations) – includes four-man team, shirts, shells for shooters and recognition on the Web site.
• Shooting Station Sponsor ($800/station) – includes station signage and ads in literature .
• Sky Blue Sponsor ($5,000 donated goods and services) – includes shirts, link on Web site and ads on the day of the shoot; does not include shooting team.
• Individual Shooter ($300) – individuals will be placed on teams.
Guests also are invited to attend the shoot. Entry fee is $25, which includes a meal and all entertainment (no shooting).
The Tulane Cancer Center is a 501(c)3, so many donations are tax deductible.
Onsite fundraising also is planned, and donations of items are needed for these efforts, Hays said.
"On the day of the shoot, we plan silent and live auctions, and we are in need of auction items," he said. "No gift is too small. It's going to be a lot of fun and is for a great cause."
Suggested donations include sports memorabilia, art work, guns, sporting equipment, fishing trips, hunting trips and stays at condos.
Go to One Man Can Make a Difference or call Hays at 225-978-6991 with any questions.