The public will have the opportunity to comment on a variety of proposed hunting dates and rule changes next month at six meetings across the state in late February.
Information will be presented on the proposed 2017-19 resident game hunting season dates, the 2017-18 waterfowl and migratory bird hunting season dates, 2017-18 wildlife management area rules and regulations changes, the 2018 wild turkey seasons and experimental dove field leasing program.
Meeting dates and times are as follows:
• Monday, Feb. 20 at 6 p.m. at the Ponchatoula High School library, 19452 Louisiana Hwy. 22, Ponchatoula.
• Tuesday, Feb. 21at 6 p.m. at the New Orleans LDWF Field Office, 2021 Lakeshore Drive, second floor conference room, Suite 210, New Orleans.
• Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 6 p.m. at the New Iberia VFW Hall-Post 1982, 1907 Jefferson Terrace Blvd., New Iberia.
• Thursday, Feb. 23 at 6 p.m. at the Ruston Historic Fire Station Building, 200 East Mississippi Street, Ruston.
• Friday, Feb. 24 at 6 p.m. at the LSU Ag Center Building, 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles.
• Saturday, Feb. 25 at 2 p.m. at the Louisiana State Evacuation Shelter at LSU-Alexandria, 8125 Hwy. 71, Lecompte.
To view the full notices of intent and all proposed hunting season dates and regulation changes, click here.
Public comment will be accepted at LWFC monthly meetings from now through March 5 or may be submitted directly to Steve Smith, LDWF Wildlife Division, PO Box 98000, Baton Rouge, LA 70898-9000, or via email here.
For more information, contact Smith at 225-765-2359 or 318-487-5885.